Quality Guaranteed for the Lifetime of your Furniture
The first stage of the Blum Quality Cycle is Blum’s extensive research programme whereby kitchens are monitored all over the world to gain insights which is used for the development of new products. Computer simulations and prototype testing early in the development process safeguard quality.
Tools and manufacturing systems meet rigorous testing requirements at all Blum plants, to ensure quality in the production of fittings. Ongoing checks throughout the entire manufacturing process ensure that high quality standards are met. Blum products are subjected to extensive motion and load tests.
Blum works with renowned independent testing institutes and organisations so that their products and services meet their standards and requirements. Blum is certified to ISO 9001.
What’s more, Blum has its own internal standards which are higher than external ones.
Blum Hardware Guarantee
“Quality throughout your product’s life”
Blum’s goal has been to develop products that guarantee problem-free function throughout their lifespan. To demonstrate their commitment to this, Blum tests their hinges to two hundred thousand opening and closing cycles, their runner and drawer systems are tested 100 000 times fully loaded and their lift systems are opened and closed 80 000 times. This enables us to give a guarantee against product failure during the lifespan of the cupboards. As an added protection against rust, all Blum CLIP-top hinges have three protective coatings of copper, nickel and an additional protective film. All other Blum hinges have been given this additional coating since the beginning of 2003.
Original Blum Quality
Innovative Furniture Fittings
Make sure you look for the original! Blum fittings are designed for optimal function in everyday life, stand for innovative technology and inspire with high quality of motion. You can rely on Blum quality for the lifetime of the furniture.
How to spot original Blum products: www.blum.com/original
For Blum Fittings
To Ensure Longevity and Prevent Corrosion of Hardware Fittings:
- No cleaning liquids are to be used on the hardware as certain brands contain additives that destroy the nickel coating causing rust. (Use thereof may void the Blum guarantee)
- Use clean water only.
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth, microfibre cloth, chamois leather or a soft sponge.
- Ensure that the cloth is damp only and not wet.
- Always wipe the furniture again afterwards with a dry cloth.
- Wipe off dirt as soon as it appears.
Cleaning Methods to Steer Away From:
- Avoid the use of steam cleaners.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning products such as steel wool and scourers.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning powder or cleaning agents such as acetone, chlorine, cellulose thinners and solutions with chemicals starting with tri- or tetra-.
Fumes Can Cause Corrosion on All Metal Surfaces.
Household Products that can Produce Corrosive Fumes Include:
- Open cleaning products, dishwasher products, laundry detergents.
- Table salt, baking powder.